Monday, July 30, 2012

London 2012 Diving Doodle (July 29, 2012)


When I saw this doodle todaI immediately thought of swimming, but after hovering my mouse over it, i realized that today's doodle is related to diving.

2012 Olympic Diving Doodle

A olympic sport, it was first introduced in 1904, at the St. Louis Olympic Games in the US, and have remained since. It was then known as "fancy diving", because of the stunts performed by the athletes that practice this discipline.

I have to say, this doodle is, so far, the one that I have liked the most from this olympic series.  In truth, although I found the first one quite unappealing, they have improved by a lot. It certainly is a big improvement over the one that was used for the 2008 Beijng Olympic games, which for *some* reason has a gg on it. Check it out:

2008 Olympic Diving Doodle

The 2000 Olympic doodle related to diving also featured an animal, but this time a kangaroo which is clearly associated with Australia, the host country, so I guess it makes a lot more sense.

2000 Olympic Diving Doodle

No comments:

Post a Comment